Directions to Kholle House, Stone Town
Kholle House is located in the heart of historic Stone Town, Zanzibar, and a protected UNESCO World Heritage Site.
With its central location in Stone Town, Zanzibar, Kholle House is the perfect base from which to explore the Spice Island, whether it is an excursion to the nearby Prison Island or a trip to see the rare Jozani Forest monkeys.
History of the HouseThe house was built by Princess Sayyidat Kholle, who was considered to be a woman of beauty and grace. Born in 1828 she was the daughter of the 1st Sultan of Oman and Zanzibar. She had Kholle House built to display her collectables and entertain friends. After the revolution in 1964 the house was confiscated and occupied by several families, and during this period the house fell into disrepair.
Directions to Kholle House
Kholle House is perfectly situated in the heart of town near the House of Wonders. It is close to the ocean promenade and just a 5 minute walk away from the ferry dock to Dar es Salaam. It is just a 20 minute ride to Zanzibar International Airport. There are many restaurants and bars in the vicinity.
Note: Airport transfers can be arranged to Zanzibar and Dar es Salaam airports, also ferry dock transfers and transport to local areas.
- 5 minute walk from the Ferry Terminal and Mercury's Bar
- 1 hour drive to the beaches of the East Coast
- 20 minute drive from the airport
- 1 hour drive to Kendwa and Nungwi's clear waters
- 10 minute boat ride to Prison Island
- 45 minute drive to the rare Jozani Forest red monkeys
- 1.5 hour drive to Kizimkazi dolphin trips