Kholle House, a beautiful Zanzibar guest house in Stone Town was built in1860 and belonged to Princess Kholle, the daughter of Sultan Sayyid bin Bargash. This atmospheric home has been lovingly restored to its former glory and now offers 10 luxurious rooms.
The house has a noble and austere façade, and is built in a typically Omani Arabic style, while the garden has a more Indo-Victorian fantasy theme. The house has been restored with preservation in mind, creating luxurious suites which are a perfect balance between the modern and antique.
Services and Facilities
- 19th centaury salon and reading room
- Breakfast room
- Tea, coffee, alcoholic drinks and light snacks available
- Conservatory and garden
- Rooftop Swahili Teahouse with panoramic views
- Outdoor swimming pool and terrace
- Wi-Fi available
- Transfers and transport on request
- Concierge for reservations, recommendations, excursions