Fly above the Tarangire plains in a hot air balloon, enjoy the majestic views of East Africa in an awe-inspiring way, on this balloon safari vacation in Tanzania.
Balloon Safari Package
Birds Eye ViewWitness the beauty and magnificence of Tanzania from the sky in an awesome hot air balloon.
This 7 day Balloon Safari Package offers you luxurious accommodation in two of Tanzania's iconic national parks, Tarangire and the Serengeti. Included in the package is an early morning champagne breakfast balloon excursion, so that you can drift across the sky with a bird's eye view of the savannah game.
- A hot air balloon adventure flying over the baobab strewn plains of Tarangire National Park
- Enjoy game drives, guided walks and night drives
- Take part in a conservation safari with an anti-poaching team.
- Visit an authentic Maasai family and discover more about this fascinating tribe
- Sip on delicious evening sundowners at the edge of Lake Burunge
- Game drives in the Serengeti National Park with bush lunch or breakfast
- The opportunity to visit a Kuria village and school
Day 1: Tarangire, TanzaniaAt Arusha Airport, board a 20-minute flight to Tarangire. Upon landing, a guide will meet you and drive you to your balloon safari camp. After lunch and settling in, take an afternoon game drive; marvel at the amount of baobabs and elephants that you can see. Savour your evening meal under the stars. Nestle down in your palatial tent and fall asleep to the sounds of the African bush.
Day 2: Hot Air Balloon AdventureOn day 2, wake up before the dawn and climb aboard a hot air balloon basket, ready for the ride of a lifetime. Once afloat, glide over the top of ancient baobab trees and watch the sunrise. Float over herds of buffalo and elephants; maybe even see a lion hunt. Soar up above the trees and game and enjoy the rush and exhilaration of being suspended from a balloon. Land in a clearing where a welcome breakfast is all set up and ready for you in the bush. With of course the traditional bottle of bubbly, to help celebrate. What a great way to start the day.
Afterwards enjoy a game drive in Tarangire National Park, seeing the game from a lower perspective.
On your late afternoon game drive, watch the setting sun reflected on the lake as you indulge in another safari tradition, the sundowner, taken on the edge of Lake Burunge.
Day 3: Maasai Visits and Night DrivesToday you can take part in a conservation safari with the anti-poaching team, or you can visit a local Maasai family and learn more about their fascinating lifestyle and culture.
A guided safari walk is also available, where this time you will be on the same level as the animals, giving you a closer look at nature and learn how the ecosystem of Africa fits together.
Go on a night game drive, set out after an early dinner, using a spotlight to find the nocturnal creatures that hide during the day.
Days 4 & 6: Explore the Serengeti View LodgeOn day 4 of your Balloon Safari Package, you will fly to the Serengeti for the next part of your safari experience. Upon arrival at the airstrip, a guide will meet you and drive you to your camp in the northern part of the Serengeti.
For the next two and half days, you can explore the vast plains of the Serengeti by 4x4. Search for the resident lions, hyena and cheetah. Watch the plains animals go about their daily life of surviving and trying to keep one-step ahead of their predators.
Enjoy bush breakfasts and sundowners; a school visit and a Kuria village. Alternatively, relax and unwind in the camp with a book, some canapés and drinks.
Day 7: DepartAfter a morning drive and breakfast, it’s time to say your farewells and head to the airstrip. Here you will board a flight back to Kilimanjaro International Airport for your onward travel plans.
- Return flights from Kilimanjaro International Airport to Tarangire and Serengeti
- Shared road transfers to and from airports
- Entrance and conservation fees for all reserves as per itinerary
- 3 nights accommodation at Little Chem Chem Safari Camp
- 3 nights accommodation at Serengeti Bushtops luxury camp
- All meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner as per itinerary
- Local beverages including teas/coffees, soft drinks, local brand beers, local spirits and house wines
- All safari activities in the Chem Chem Reserve adjoining Tarangire National Park; including morning, afternoon and night game drives, guided walking safaris & conservation safari with the anti-poaching team
- Visit with a local Maasai family
- Game drive to Tarangire National Park in an open vehicle
- Evening sundowners on the edge of Lake Burunge
- A hot air balloon flight in the Tarangire National Park
- 2 game drives daily (or full day) on shared basis with bush breakfast or lunch in the Serengeti National Park
- Laundry (hand washed)
- All meet and greet services
- Connoisseur wine, French champagne and luxury spirits
- Optional excursions and activities not listed in the itinerary