Deep Sea Fishing at Hemingways
For fabulous fishing in Kenya, Hemingways Resort has a fleet of fully equipped boats and experienced crews catering for both the novice and seasoned angler.
A great Kenya beach vacation can be experienced at Hemingways Resort which is located in a blissful environment for snorkelling, diving, fishing and watersports. There is a Massage centre, gym, 2 swimming pools and plenty to do and see.
Hemingways is a great destination for deep sea fishing in Kenya. Fishing takes place seasonally from the start of July through into May. There is a great diversity of fishing grounds in the Watamu area; anglers have a greater chance of success with so many options within a short distance of the port.
The boat crews at Hemingways Resort in Kenya are very experienced and happy to guide beginners in the practicalities. Black, blue and striped Marlin, sailfish and broad billed swordfish can be caught in these waters; guests can also try their hand at salt-water fly-fishing and light-line fishing.
Watamu Marine National Park has some of the finest diving and reef formations on the Kenya coast. There are around 15 excellent dive sites in the Park and a policy is in place which allows for only 1 boat per site to prevent overcrowding. Diving is seasonal and the 3 dive bases are closed in May and June. Otherwise, the centres offer a full range of courses.
Back at Hemingways Resort, guests can just relax around the 2 lovely pools which have large changing rooms, showers, toilets, hairdryers and lockers. Guests will find plenty of sun beds at both pools. There is also a Massage and Beauty Centre for a variety of treatments, a fully equipped gym, and tennis courts available.
- Fishing Centre – handling most activities and excursions
- Water sports centre, including wind surfers, pedaloes, canoes
- Massage and Beauty Centre
- Fully equipped, air-conditioned gym
- Choice of 2 swimming pools
- Floodlit tennis courts
- Modern boutique for leisure wear
- Board games
- Reading room (video and satellite TV)
- Horse riding
- Scuba diving and snorkelling
- Various watersports
- Fishing – fully equipped boats, excellent crews
- Bird watching
- Mida Creek - Beach Barbeque, Sundowner Dhow Cruise
- Glass bottomed boats in Malindi Marine National Park
- Gede Ruins
- Arabuko Sokoke Forest and Butterfly Farm
- Watamu Bio-Ken Snake Park
- Shopping trip to Malindi
- Golf in Mombasa
- Visits to Lamu and the Archipelago